AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
2 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Water
4 Tbsps. (60ml) Cooking oil
1 cup (200g) Button mushroom, sliced
1 cup (150g) Shiitake mushroom, sliced
1 cup (130g) Onion, sliced
3 Tbsps. (39g) Garlic, minced
1 cup (130g) Tomato, sliced lengthwise
1 cup (150g) Asparagus, mature stems discarded, cut into 2 inches long
1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Ground black pepper
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Soy sauce
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
4 Tbsps. (5g) Spring onion, chopped
Reduced sodium by 43%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1 tsp. (5g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||130.8|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||2.4|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Asparagus is a good source of iron and folate which is essential for the production and maintenance of healthy red blood cells.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- MIX. In a small bowl, create a slurry by mixing cornstarch and water. Set aside.
- SEAR. In a hot pan with oil, sear button and shiitake mushroom until edges turn slightly brown.
- SAUTÉ. Add onion, garlic and tomatoes and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- STIR-FRY. Add asparagus and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- SEASON. Add slurry, ground black pepper, soy sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and garnish with spring onion. Serve while hot.
Makes 7 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (83g)
To maintain the crispness of Asparagus, stir-fry over high heat for a short time.