BEEF KALDERETA (LAGUNA)
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
6 cups (1500ml) Water
1 Kilo (1000g) Lean beef, kaldereta cut
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
1/2 cup (87.50g) Potato, wedged
1/2 cup (66g) Carrots, wedged
1/2 cup (65g) Onions, sliced
2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
1 Tbsps. (15ml) Tomato paste
3/4 cup (187.50ml) Tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups (375ml) Beef broth (from boiled meat)
2 Tbsps. (38g) Peanut, crushed
1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Ground black pepper
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1/4 cup (30g) Red bell pepper, sliced
1/4 cup (30g) Green bell pepper, sliced
1 pc. (1g) Labuyo, chopped
Reduced sodium by 43%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1/4 cup (60ml) Fish sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||210.7|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.7|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Beef is a good source of Iron, an essential element for blood production.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- BOIL. In a pressure cooker with water add the beef. Tightly seal the pressure cooker and cook accordingly. Set side both meat and broth.
- FRY. In a hot pan, add oil and fry potato and carrots. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add tomato paste and saute for 1 minute. Add the meat and cook for 2 minutes.
- BOIL. Add tomato sauce and 1 1/2 cups beef broth. Boil for one minute. Add peanuts and boil for one minute.
- SEASON. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add bell peppers and Labuyo. Simmer for 1 minute. Add potatoes and carrots.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and serve hot.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (170g)
If pressure cooker is not available, cook the beef over medium fire at simmering temperature until desired tenderness is achieved.