BISTEK WITH EGGPLANT & TOKWA
SARSAYA® OYSTER SAUCE
1/4 kilo (250g) Lean beef, serving size
1 Tbsp. (15g) Garlic, minced
2 Tbsps. (30g) Calamansi juice
2 Tbsps. (30g) Soy sauce
1 cup (250ml) Vegetable oil for frying
3 Tbsps. (45g) Garlic, minced
1 cup (200g) Eggplant, cut into 3×1 inch
1 cup (200g) Tokwa, cut into 3×1 inch
1 Tbsp. (15g) Vegetable oil
3 cups (300g) Onion, cut into rings
2 Tbsps. (30g) Butter
1 pack (30ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Calamansi Juice
1/2 tsp. (3g) Pepper, black ground
1/2 cup (125ml) Water
1 Tbsp. (10g) Cornstarch, diluted in
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Water
|Calories per serving (kcal)||254|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||3|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Beef is a good source of Protein, Iron and Zinc which all help in growth and development.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- MARINATE. In a bowl combine and mix well the beef, garlic, calamansi juice, and soy sauce and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- STIR-FRY. In a pan heat oil and stir – fry the garlic, eggplant, and tokwa until golden brown then set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a separate pan, heat oil then sauté onion rings until translucent then set aside. On the same pan add butter, cook the marinated beef, add SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, calamansi juice, black pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Add water and let it simmer until tender then add the slurry while mixing to thicken the sauce. Stir -in the fried tokwa, eggplant, half sauteed onion rings.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate then serve and enjoy.
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 3/4 cups (132g)
You can still use the excess marinade mixture before simmering the dish to enhance its overall taste.