How To Enhance Delicious Flavor And Aroma Of Veggies
April 26, 2021 | 8:00 am
A big part of what makes a vegetable dish enjoyable is how well it was stored, prepared and cooked. One must never settle for low quality vegetables, as this could affect the overall taste of the food.
It is important to note that vegetables like other fresh ingredients should be handled with care. Here are some of the tips to bring out the delicious flavour and aroma of vegetables:
- Buy fresh and good quality vegetables. Avoid buying pre-cut produce as it may affect its safety, nutritive value, taste, and smell.
- Handling and storage should also be taken into consideration especially for delicate vegetables. Buy enough quantity only and avoid storing excess raw vegetables inside the refrigerator for so long because moisture in the fridge causes most veggies to lose their crisp texture.
- Cooking techniques should be done correctly to bring out the natural sweet and umami goodness of vegetables.
- Make sure not to overcook your dish so that the nutrients, texture, and flavor of the veggies would remain intact. Conserved vitamins and minerals by cutting or slicing properly and just a minute prior to cooking.
- Having considered these important tips, it should be fun to learn vegetable recipes that can be appreciated by adults and kids like this Fun Camote Carrots Fries.
You would need French fries cut yellow sweet potatoes and carrots, AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix, cooking oil, dried thyme as an optional garnish.
The cooking procedure is just as simple! Put the potato and carrot strips in a bowl and add AJI-GINISA® and toss well. AJI-GINISA® do not just enhance the flavor of the dish, but it also gives a delicious aroma too. Food aromas plays an important role in how we enjoy food.
Now that you’ve added that gisa flavor, fry the vegetable strips in batches until golden brown then place into a bowl with kitchen towel to drain excess oil. Transfer the fries into a serving plate then garnish with dried thyme. You can serve this dish hot with mayonnaise, ketchup and/or other dips.
Sweet potatoes and carrots are rich in vitamins and minerals that keep our bodies healthy.
There you have it, new vegetable menu for ensuring that your family could Eat Well, Live Well and Stay Well!
As Filipinos are set to celebrate Christmas in the face of this global pandemic, COOKMUNITY® laid out some tips to help you serve safe and delicious meals…
Christmas season, even if we are mostly confined at home, could still be the busiest time of the year for most of us…
Since we are celebrating the holidays under “new normal” circumstances, it would be good to consider new ideas to spice up your traditional Christmas food menu…