Braised Minced Pork with Oyster Sauce on Rice
2 tablespoons (30 ml) Oil
2 tablespoons (30 grams) Onion ,minced
2 tablespoons (30 grams) Garlic ,minced
2 cups (400 grams) Pork Belly, minced
1/2 cup (60 grams) Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce
1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) Pepper, ground
1/4 cup (60 ml) Water
1/2 cup (90 grams) Mushrooms ,chopped
1/4 cup (46 grams) Celery ,chopped
6 cups (660grams) Rice cooked,
|Calories per serving||512 Calories|
|Carbohydrates (g)||44.0 grams|
|Proteins (g)||11.0 grams|
|Fat (g)||32.4 grams|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.3 gram|
|Calcium m(g)||39 milligrams|
|Iron (mg)||1.7 milligrams|
|Sodium (mg)||91.1 milligrams|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
The Benefits of Braising Food:
- You can create a broad variety of food presentations and recipes. From an assortment of different vegetables and spices to a wide number of fish, meats and poultry, braising is a cooking method that can be use with virtually any type of food.
- It provides tastier meals. As described above, the juices and flavours that combine during braising create a unique taste for the majority of meats that is especially rich. The soft, tender texture that is obtained almost feels like soft butter melting in your mouth when eaten – the meat pulls apart easily with just a fork.
Makes: 6 servings
Size per serving: 1/2 cup (meat) 1 cup (cooked rice)
- SAUTE onions and garlic in oil until fragrant. Add minced pork and cooked until golden brown.
- ADD the Sarsaya® Oyster Sauce, pepper, water and mushrooms.Mix well.
- BRAISE meat mixture by lowering heat for about 25 minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off fire.
- POUR on top of cooked rice, add chopped celery.
- SERVE and enjoy.
Recipe Cost: Php 286.37
Cost per Serving: Php 47.73
Braising is a simple cooking technique that involves a quick sear in a hot pan, followed by a slow simmer in a flavorful liquid, such as stock, wine or beer.