CABBAGE ROLL RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1 kilo (1000g) Cabbage, boiled drained
1/2 cup (109g) Shitake mushroom, soaked, sliced
1/4 cup (49g) Red onion, minced
1 cup (250g) Carrots, minced
1 cup (250g) Pork, ground
1/2 teaspoon (2.5g) Salt, rock
1 teaspoon (1g) Pepper
1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1/2 teaspoon (2.5ml) Fish sauce
1/2 cup (125ml) Water
Reduced sodium by 32%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||178.60|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||4.60|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Steaming helps in conserving the fiber, color, texture and flavor of vegetables. It retains valuable nutrients, vitamins & minerals in food.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- BLANCH. In a stockpot add water and bring to a boil. Add cabbage to the boiling water for a few seconds and slowly remove from the water. Remove the core carefully to ensure that the leaves will not be damaged. Drain. Set aside.
- COMBINE. To make a meat mixture , get a bowl then add shiitake mushrooms, onions, carrots, ground pork, salt, pepper, and half pack of the 11 grams AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well then set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. In a plate, spread 1-2 layers of cabbage leaves, add at least 2 tablespoons of meat mixture . Fold the 2 sides and roll it up until it form a mini log. Repeat the process with all the mixtures.
- STEAM and SEASON. In a pan with water put the cabbage roll and cover. Add fish sauce and the remaining half pack of AJI-NO-MOTO®. Let it simmer for at least 30 minutes.
- SERVE. Remove from the steamer , place in a platter and serve hot.
Makes 7 servings
Serving size: 3 pieces (143 g)
When the cabbage leaves are small , place 2 leaves side by side, overlapping together to create a larger size of leaves. Put the meat mixture and roll carefully to avoid separation of small cabbage leaves while forming a cabbage logs.