CHICKEN BROCCOLI SOUP RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
6 cups (1500 ml) Water
1/2 kilo (500 g) Chicken, bone-in, shredded
1 tsp (5 g) Salt
2 Tbsps (30 ml) Oil
2 Tbsps (30 g) Butter, unsalted
1 cup (130 g) Onion, sliced
2 Tbsps (30 g) Garlic, minced
4 Tbsps (40 g) Flour
1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 cup (150 g) Carrots, diced
1 head (300 g) Broccoli, florets
2 Tbsps (15 g) Celery, sliced
Reduced sodium by 19%
Original seasoning/condiment: 3/4 Tbsps (12.5 g) Salt, 4 tsps (40 ml) Fish Sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||143.0|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.6|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Broccoli is high in folate which is important in healthy red blood formation, growth and function.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- BOIL. In a pot with water, add chicken and salt. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from broth and carefully separate meat from bones. Cut the chicken meat into small cubes. Set aside both chicken and broth.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and butter. Sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add flour and continue cooking until flour is fully incorporated. Add milk and broth.
- BOIL. Add carrots, broccoli and celery. Boil for 1-2 minutes.
- SEASON. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup (125 g)
Do not overcook your vegetables to maintain its natural crunch.