CHICKEN-EGGPLANT OMELETTE RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
3 pieces (150 grams) Eggplant, grilled and peeled
3 Tablespoons (45 ml) Cooking oil
2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Onions, chopped
2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Garlic, minced
1/2 cup (120 grams) Chicken, ground
1/4 cup (60 grams) Red and green bell peppers, chopped
1/4 cup (60 grams) Tomatoes, chopped
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Salt
1/4 teaspoon (0.3 grams) Pepper, black, ground
1/4 cup (15 grams) Spring onions, chopped
3 pieces (180 grams) Eggs, beaten
1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Cooking oil
Reduced sodium by 48%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||213.2|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.2|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Eggplant is low in calories and sodium and is a great source of dietary fiber, Potassium, and B vitamins for healthy body processes.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In hot oil, sauté onions, garlic until fragrant, add chicken and cook until color turns light brown. Add bell peppers and tomatoes, mix well.
- SEASON. Add salt and pepper, turn off the heat and add spring onions. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- COMBINE & SUBMERGE. In one bowl combine beaten eggs with AJI-NO-MOTO®, mix well. Submerge each piece of eggplant into the egg mixture, place in a platter, and press a spoon of vegetable-chicken mixture on top. Repeat the steps with all of the remaining eggplants.
- PAN-FRY. Heat oil in a pan and fry eggplant one a time.
- SERVE. Drain the oil, transfer it in a serving platter. Serve and enjoy
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1 slice (100 g)
Soak the grilled eggplant in cold water for easier peeling of the skin.