CHICKEN AND MALUNGGAY IN COCOMILK
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
1/4 cup (30g) Onion, chopped
1/4 cup (30g) Garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger strips
1 Kilo (1000g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
2 cups (400ml) Coconut milk
1-2pcs. (5g) Jalapeno, well-cleaned
1 cup (200g) Green papaya, wedged
1/2 cup (13g) Malunggay leaves, well-cleaned
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
1/2 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, black, ground
Reduced sodium by 31%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1/4 cup (approx. 70ml) Fish sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||289.3|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.6|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Malunggay leaves contain Calcium and Phosphorous which help keep bones healthy and strong.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté onion, garlic and ginger. Add chicken and cook until tender.
- BOIL. Pour coconut milk and let it boil. Stir once in awhile to prevent burning the coconut milk.
- SIMMER. Lower the fire until sauce is reduced. Add jalapeno and green papaya. Simmer for another 5 minutes. Add malunggay leaves.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, fish sauce and pepper. Mix well.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 3/4 cup (124.5g)
You may blanch malunggay leaves and just add at the last step of your cooking to avoid having over cooked greens.