AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
6 cups (1500ml) Water
1 Kilo (1000g) Chicken breast, cut into serving portions
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
1 1/2 Tbsps. (22.50g) Butter, unsalted
1/4 cup (60g) Mushroom, halved
1/2 cup (75g) Onions, sliced
2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
1 tsp. (5g) Cornstarch
1 1/2 cups (375ml) Chicken broth (from boiled chicken)
1 cup (250ml) All-Purpose cream
1.4 tsp. (1.25g) Ground black pepper
3 Tbsps. (45ml) Fish sauce
1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1/2 cup (95g) Potato, sliced
1/2 cup (54g) Carrot, diced
Reduced sodium by 33%
Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (10g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||264.0|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.7|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Chicken breast is the leanest chicken meat choice if trying to reduce Fat intake.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- BOIL. In a pot, add water and chicken. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Set aside both chicken meat and broth.
- SEAR. In a pan with hot oil, add butter and sear chicken until surface is slightly brown. Set aside. Add mushroom and sear for 1 minute. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and mushroom.
- BOIL. Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 cups of broth before adding to the pan. Add all-purpose cream and let it boil for 2 minutes, covered.
- SEASON. Add pepper, fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO ®.
- SIMMER. Add potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 3 minutes, covered.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and serve while hot.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (120g)
To prevent the drying up of the chicken meat, cover the pan when boiling or simmering.