CHICKEN SALAD WITH PINEAPPLE AND BALSAMIC VINEGAR
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, filleted, cubed
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
1 cup (240g) Pineapple, chunked
2 cups (150g) Broccoli, florets, steamed
2 1/2 cups (100g) Spinach, leaves separated, steamed
1/2 cup (120g) Onion, chopped
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Olive oil)
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup (120ml) Pineapple juice
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
2 tsps. (10g) Sugar
1 tsp. (5g) Salt
1/2 tsp. (1.3g) Pepper
Reduced sodium by 32%
Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (approx. 11g)
|Calories per serving (kcal)||185.0|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.5|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Chicken contains the amino acid Tryptophan, which has been linked to higher levels of serotonin , the “feel good” hormone in our brains.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté chicken and cook until tender. Set aside.
- MIX and CHILL. In a bowl, mix together pineapple, broccoli, spinach and onions. Chill for at least 10 minutes.
- COMBINE. In another bowl, combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and pineapple juice. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar, salt and pepper. Place in a sauce dispense and shake well.
- ASSEMBLE. Transfer chicken to a salad bowl, and combine with mixed vegetables. Pour the dressing evenly over the salad. Toss to coat evenly.
- SERVE. Transfer to a salad plate, serve and enjoy.
Makes 9 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (133g)
To maximize the shelf life of chicken salad for safety and quality, refrigerate the chicken salad in airtight containers. Properly stored, chicken salad will last for 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.