AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
4 cups (340 grams) Cabbage, shredded
2 cups (220 grams) Carrots, julienne cut
4 Tablespoons (60 grams) Red onion, minced
1/2 cup (120 ml) Mayonnaise
1 1/2 Tablespoons (23 ml) Vinegar, white
2 1/2 Tablespoons (38 ml) Lemon juice
1/4 cup (60 ml) Low-fat milk
1 pack (11 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
5 Tablespoons (75 grams) Sugar
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Salt
1/8 teaspoon (0.3 grams) Black pepper, ground
Reduced sodium by 30%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||180.8|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||2.1|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Cabbage has vitamin C that helps protect the immune system, reduces the severity of allergic reactions, and helps fight infection.
Preparation time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
- PREPARE. Rinse the cabbage, carrots, and onions. Shred the cabbage and slice carrots and onions as finely as possible. Set aside.
- MIX. In a bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, lemon juice, and low-fat milk.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, sugar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl and mix well.
- CHILL. Toss the shredded cabbage, carrots, and onion into the mixture and stir well. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter, serve and enjoy.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (119 grams)
Coleslaw can last for 3 to 4 days inside chiller but should be tossed regularly especially when it starts to get mushy.