EGG DROP SOUP
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
4 cups (1000ml) Water or chicken stock
1/2 cup (71g) Carrots, finely chopped
1/2 cup (100g) Corn (optional)
1 tsp. (5g) Ginger, chopped
1/4 cup (60g) Onion, chopped
2 Tbsps. (30g) Cornstarch, dissolved in
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Water
3 pcs. (163g) Eggs, beaten
1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 tsp. (5g) Salt, rock
1/4 tsp. (1.3g) Ground black pepper
1/4 cup (15g) Spring onions, chopped
Reduced sodium by 30%
Original seasoning/condiment: 2 1/2 tsps. (approx. 13g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||62.8|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.1|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Egg drop soup calories and Carbohydrates are low, which makes the dish good for people watching their weight.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- BOIL & SIMMER .In a pot, boil water, add carrots, corn, ginger, and onion. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- THICKEN. Add cornstarch solution until the soup thickens. Add eggs slowly while stirring to form silky egg strands.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer for one(1) minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl, top with spring onions and serve while hot.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (140g)
You may also use tapioca starch or corn starch instead of cornstarch to ensure a nice thick soup.