HEALTHY RICE PORRIDGE RECIPE
PORKSAVOR® ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING MIX
1 cup (50g) Blackwood ear mushroom
1 cup (250ml) Hot water
1 cup (250ml) Cooking oil
1 block (100g) Tofu, cubed
1 1/4 cups (50g) Dried Dilis
1 cup (100g) Onion, sliced
3 Tbsps (30g) Ginger, sliced
5 Tbsps (75g) Garlic, minced
2 cups (500g) Carrots, cubed
2 cups (200g) Glutinous rice
10 cups (2.5 Liters) Water
8 Tbsps (120ml) Fish sauce
2 packs (16g) PORKSAVOR All-in-One Seasoning Mix
1 bunch (500g) Pechay Tagalog, chopped
6 pieces (360g) Hard-boiled egg
1/2 cup (20g) Spring onion, chopped
|Calories per serving (kcal)||368.3|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||4.38|
|Ascorbic Acid (mg)||34|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
This porridge is a good source of iron which is important for oxygen distribution in the body. Adequate intake of iron prevents onset of fatigue and may improve physical performance.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- REHYDRATE. Add blackwood ear mushroom in 1/4 cup of hot water. Let it sit for 15 minutes or until the mushroom is tender.
Slice into thin strips. Set aside.
- FRY. In a hot pot, heat oil and fry tofu until golden brown. Once all tofu are done, fry dried anchovies. Drain excess oil from tofu and anchovies by placing them on a strainer or on a plate with paper napkin. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ. In the same pan, sauté onion, garlic, ginger and carrots. Add glutinous rice and sauté for 30 seconds. Add
water and stir continuously until rice is cooked.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and PORKSAVOR®.
- SIMMER. Add Pechay and simmer for 1 minute.
- ASSEMBLE AND SERVE. Scoop porridge into a bowl, top with tofu, hard-boiled egg, anchovies, blackwood ear mushroom and spring onions. Serve.
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1 bowl (250g)
1 Tofu-Mushroom Rice Bowl and 1 piece Banana
Adjust the quantity if water to use to suit your desired porridge consistency.