KARE KARE & BAGOONG RICE
AJINOMOTO® BRAND GINISA FLAVOR SEASONING MIX
6 cups (1500ml) Water
1 1/2 cups (300g) Beef, cutlets
1 1/2 cups (300g) Beef, tripe
1 1/2 cups (300g) Beef, oxtail
1/2 cup (125ml) Cooking Oil
1/2 cup (130g) Red onion, sliced
2 tbsps (30g) Garlic, crushed
1 pack (7g) Aji-Ginisa® Flavor Seasoning Mix
1 1/2 cups (333g) Banana heart, chopped
2 cups (150g) Stringbeans, cut into 1″ pieces
1 cup (143g) Eggplant, sliced
1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking Oil
4 tbsps (52g) Achuete seeds
3/4 cup (78.6g) Ground toasted rice (Galapong)
1/2 cup (140g) Toasted peanuts, ground
2 tbsps (30ml) Cooking Oil
1 1/2 cups (360g) Bagoong gisado
12 cups (2040g) Rice, cooked
1/2 cup (50g) Green mango, strips
2 tbsps (30g) Shallots/Sibuyas Tagalog, sliced
Makes: 12 servings
Paraan ng Pagluluto:
1. BOIL. In a pressure cooker put water and boil beef cutlets, tripe, and oxtail until tender. Separate meat from the broth then set aside.
2. SAUTE. In a saucepan, heat oil , saute onion, garlic, beef cutlets, tripe and oxtail. Add broth. Season with Aji-Ginisa® Flavor Seasoning Mix.
3. ADD & SIMMER. Add banana heart, string beans and eggplant. Simmer for 3 minutes. Set aside.
4. COOK, STIR &ADD. In a separate pan, heat vegetable oil and cook achuete seeds. Separate seeds from the achuete oil then set aside. In a casserole, put achuete oil, add ground rice and ground peanuts. Stir continuously to avoid from sticking with one another. Add sauteed beef and boiled vegetable, mix well.
5. SAUTE & MIX. For the Bagoong Rice, heat oil in a separate pan and saute the bagoong gisado. Add the cooked rice and mix well. Top with Green Mango and Shallots. Serve Kare Kare with Bagoong Rice.
Kare-kare is a Filipino classic dish that uses a rich and creamy peanut-based sauce. Serve vegetables as toppings to maintain its crunchiness.
Kare Kare, when paired with rice, becomes a complete meal providing you with carbohydrates from rice, protein from the beef and peanuts, and necessary micronutrients from the vegetable components of the dish.
|Calories per serving:||698.7 kcal|
COST (per recipe): PhP 875.06
COST (per serving): PhP 72.92