KOREAN BEEF STEW
SARSAYA® OYSTER SAUCE
1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
4 cups (1000g) Beef, cubed
4 cups (1000ml) Water
1/4 cup (55g) Garlic, minced
2 Tbsps (35g) Ginger, minced
4 Tbsps (60ml) Gochujang (red chili paste)
2 packs (60ml) SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce
1/4 cup (60ml) Soy sauce
1/2 cup (110g) White sugar
1 Tbsp (15ml) Rice vinegar
1/2 cup (100g) Carrots, diced
1/2 cup (100g) Potatoes, diced
|Calories per serving (kcal)||279.6|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.3|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Lean Beef is a good source of Protein, Zinc, Iron and Vitamin B12 which are all important for a healthy body.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 1/2 hours
- SEAR. In a pot, heat oil. Sear beef on all sides until browned.
- BOIL. In the same pot, add water, garlic, ginger, gochujang, SARSAYA® Oyster Sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and rice vinegar. Bring to a boil. Cover the pot with its lid.
- SIMMER. Turn the heat low and simmer for 2 hours or until beef is tender.
- REST. Turn off the heat. Allow the meat to rest in the covered pot for at least 10 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate or container. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (210g)
For a shorter cooking time, you can opt to use a pressure cooker to achieve a tender meat.