Meatilicious Veggie pizza
AJINOMOTO AJI-SHIO® SEASONING MIX
3/4 cup (180 grams) Water, warm
1 tablespoon (14 grams) Sugar, white
1 teaspoon (5 grams) AJI-SHIO® Garlic Seasoning Mix (18g)
2 tablespoons (39 grams) Active Dry Yeast
3 1/2 cups (832 grams) All purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon (3 grams) Salt, rock
4 1/2 tablespoons (65 ml) Cooking Oil
5 1/2 tablespoons (80 grams) Butter, unsalted
6 tablespoons (90 grams) All purpose flour
1 1/4 cups (300 ml) Milk, full cream milk
1/2 teaspoon (0.50 grams) Pepper, powder
1 tablespoon (15 grams) Garlic, minced
1/2 cup (50 grams) Cheese, quickmelt
4 tablespoons (60 grams) Pesto Sauce
1/4 cup (50 ml) Tomato, small diced
1 cup (192 grams) Chicken, breast, fillet, thin strips
1/2 cup (75 grams) Mushroom, button, strips
1/2 cup (70 grams) Green Olives, sliced
1/4 cup (40 grams) Onion, white, small cubes
1/2 cup (30 grams) Broccoli, florets, chopped
1/2 cup (36 grams) Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (50 grams) Cheese, quickmelt, grated
|Calories per serving (kcal)||477.2|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||3.9|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Preferring a veggie pizza over a meaty counterpart yields lower calorie cholesterol intake. If you can’t go for a full veggie pizza, you can opt for a lean chicken breast for additional toppings providing added protein like this recipe.
References: United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) – Food Composition Database, Philippine Food Composition Tables (Phil FCT) and Philippine Food Exchange List (Phil FEL)
Preparation and Cooking time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
- POUR warm water in a small bowl then add sugar, AJI-SHIO® Garlic and active dry yeast. Let it stand for about 5 mins.
- MIX all-purpose flour, salt and oil. Add yeast mixture and pulse in a food processor until dough becomes sticky. Transfer to a lightly floured surface then knead dough until smooth. Let the dough rest and rise for an hour in a warm place until it doubles in volume. Divide into three (3) equal parts. Set aside.
- COMBINE & SIMMER butter, all-purpose flour and milk in a pan. Add pepper, garlic, and cheese and pesto sauce. Cooked until thicken and set aside.
- ASSEMBLE the pizza by flattening the dough into 12 inches wide crust using a rolling pin. Spread creamy pesto sauce on top then arrange tomato, chicken, mushroom, green olives, onion, broccoli, bell pepper and cheese on top of each pizza.
- BAKE at 150˚C for 20 mins until crust is golden brown. SERVE and enjoy!
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 2 slices (173g) Pizza
You can use a ready- made pizza dough from the Supermarkets if preparation time is very limited.