ORIENTAL CHICKEN RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1 kilo (1000 grams) Chicken thighs, bone-in
1/4 cup (60 ml) Soy sauce, light
1/2 cup (100 ml) Honey
1/4 cup (50 ml) Lemon juice
2 Tablespoons (30 grams) Garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon (15 grams) Ginger, minced
1 pack (11 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
3 Tablespoons (45 ml) Cooking oil
1/2 cup (120 ml) Water
Reduced sodium by 30%
Original sodium content: 1/2 cup (146 ml) Soy sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||188.5|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.9|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Chicken is rich in Niacin which may help lower cholesterol, ease arthritis and boost brain function.
Preparation time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- MARINATE. In a bowl, add chicken thigh, soy sauce, honey, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Stir to mix it well. Marinate chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- DRAIN. Using a strainer/colander, drain the marinade leaving only the chicken thigh. Reserve the marinade for the sauce.
- SEAR. In a pan, heat oil. Sear chicken thigh on all sides until lightly browned.
- SIMMER. Pour the marinade and add 1/2 cup water. Simmer for 5-8 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer to a plate. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 12 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup (104 grams)
When simmering, use gradual or low heat in order to avoid burnt taste and aroma of the sauce.