AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, cut into serving portions
1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. (15ml) Fish sauce
1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 cup (250ml) All-Purpose Cream
1/2 cup (125ml) Pineapple juice (reserved from drained pineapple chunks)
1 cup (100g) Carrot, wedged
1 cup (200g) Pineapple chunks
1/4 cup (40g) Red bell pepper, strips
1/4 cup (40g) Green bell pepper, strips
Reduced sodium by 41%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1 tsp. (5g) Salt, 2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||379.8|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.5|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Pineapple is a rich source of bromelain- an enzyme that helps in breaking down Protein to ease digestion.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- SEAR. In a hot pan with oil, sear the chicken until its surface turns slightly brown. Set the chicken aside.
- SAUTÉ. In a hot pan with the same oil, sauté onion and garlic. Add the seared chicken.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, pepper and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add all-purpose cream and pineapple juice. Stir to combine. Simmer until meat becomes tender. Add carrots and simmer for another 2 minutes. Add pineapple chunks, red and green bell pepper. Simmer for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl. Serve while hot
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup (138g)
Simmering meats in covered pans prevents meats from drying inside.