PIZZA ROLL RECIPE
CRISPY FRY® SEASONED CRUMBS
3 cups (350g) All-Purpose Flour
1/2 cup (100g) Water
1 teaspoon (5g) Salt
2 tablespoon (30g) Cooking Oil
2 tablespoon (30g) Cooking oil
4 tablespoon (60g) Onion
2 tablespoon (30g) Garlic
1 cup (175g) German Sausage
1 cup (175g) Pepperoni
1 teaspoon (3g) Salt
2 teaspoon (5g) Pepper
1 cup (175g) Tomato Sauce
1 cup (175g) Carrots
1 cup (175g) Quickmelt Cheese
1 pc (44g) Egg
1 pack (100g) CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs
1 cup (175g) Cooking oil
|Calories per Serving (kcal)||1146|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||3.8|
Preparation and Cooking time: 1 hour
- MIX. In a medium bowl, whisk together all purpose flour, cooking oil and salt. Slowly add water into the flour mixture. Gently stir and mix until dough form into a ball.
- KNEAD AND SHAPE. Lightly flour your working table and knead the dough for 5 minutes. Then shape the dough into a ball. Cover the dough with an inverted bowl and let it rest for 10 minutes. Cut your dough into 10 equal sizes.
- FLATTEN. Using a rolling pin, flatten each piece to create a small pizza dough
- SAUTÉ. On a hot pan, pour oil and saute onion, garlic, sausage, pepperoni then add salt, pepper and tomato sauce. Once sausage and pepperoni are cooked, add carrots. Continue sauteing for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. Place 2 tablespoons of the filling and 1/2 tablespoon of cheese in the center of the wrapper. Fold the wrapper’s bottom corner over filling then fold sides towards the center.
- SEAL. Moisten the remaining corner with beaten egg and roll up tightly.
- COAT. Brush all sides of the roll with beaten egg then generously coat with CRISPY FRY® Seasoned Crumbs.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pan, heat cooking oil then deep fry the rolls until golden brown. Drain excess oil.
- SERVE and enjoy.
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 2 pcs (290g) roll
Not a fan of pepperoni? You may use ground pork or beef as substitute.