AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1 kilo (1000 grams) Maya-Maya, whole, cleaned
1/2 cup (120 ml) Olive oil
2 cups (500 grams) Potatoes, chopped
1/2 cup (125 grams) Red bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup (125 grams) Green bell peppers, chopped
1/2 cup (120 grams) Carrots, chopped
1 teaspoon (5 grams) Salt, divided into 3 parts
1 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Pepper, black, ground, divided into 3 parts
1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning, divided into 3 parts
1/4 cup (60 ml) Cooking wine
1 Tablespoon (15 ml) Calamansi juice
1 cup (60 grams) Onion leeks, thinly sliced
Reduced sodium by 32%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)|
|Dietary Fiber (g)|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Maya-Maya is a good source of omega-3, it helps increase the levels of good cholesterol, reduce blood clots, regulate blood pressure, and slower down inflammation.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- COMBINE. In a bowl combine olive oil, potatoes, bell peppers, and carrots then season with the first part of salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO® then season Maya-Maya with the second part of the seasonings.
- ASSEMBLE. In a roasting pan put the mixed vegetables to the bottom then put fish on top of the mixed vegetables.
- ROAST. Put it in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes at 190 degrees Celcius.
- DRIZZLE. In a bowl mix cooking wine, lemon, and the third part of salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Drizzle it on the top of the fish. Return to the oven and roast for another 15 minutes or until fish is totally cooked.
- SERVE. Place in a platter, top with sliced onion leeks then serve and enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 slice of fish, 1 cup vegetable (164 g)
Gills and fins of fresh fish are moist. In old fish, they are dry, covered with sticky slime, grayish-brown in color and smells bad. Healthy gills are of a nice, bright red color.