SILKEN TOFU TINOLA RECIPE
THE AJINOMOTO BRAND CHICKEN POWDER MIX
1 Tbsp. (15ml) Cooking Oil
1 Tbsp. (15g) Ginger, thinly sliced
1 tsp. (1g) Turmeric, thinly sliced
1/2 Tbsp. (5g) Red onion, chopped
1 stalk (17g) Lemongrass, mush the edge
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Fish sauce
4 cups (1000ml) Chicken stock or water
2 cups (320g) Squash, chopped into cubes
2 cups (320g) Papaya, chopped
1 Tbsp. (12g) The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix
1 pc. (10g) Green chili, whole
1 cup (400g) Silken tofu, cut into cubes
1 cup (40g) Malunggay leaves
|Calories per Serving (kcal)||185.3|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||3.8|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Tofu is a good source of Protein, Fiber, and Calcium without the cholesterol and saturated fat found in meat.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a medium-hot pot, pour oil and sauté ginger, turmeric, onions and lemongrass for a few minutes.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and stir in for a few more minutes.
- BOIL AND SEASON. Pour broth, then add squash and papaya. Let it boil for 10 minutes until vegetables are soft but not soggy. Add The Ajinomoto Brand Chicken Powder Mix.
- SIMMER. Put in green chili and tofu. Continue to simmer for another 5 minutes. Turn off the fire and place the malunggay leaves on the top of the cooked tinola.
- SERVE. In a bowl, put the Silken Tofu Tinola. Serve hot.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 3/4 cup (200g)
If you can’t find silken tofu, regular tofu will do. You may also add malunggay fruit for additional nutrients.