SIMPLE LEMON HERB CHICKEN RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1/2 kilo (500 grams) Chicken breast, skinless, filleted, cut into thin strips
2 teaspoons (10 ml) Soy sauce
4 1/2 Tablespoons (34 grams) Cornstarch for breading
3/4 cup (180 ml) Cooking oil
1 teaspoon (5 grams) Garlic, minced
5 teaspoons (15 grams) Celery leaves, chopped
3/4 cup (180 ml) Chicken broth
2 Tablespoons (30 ml) Rice wine
5 teaspoons (25 grams) Sugar, refined
1 teaspoon (5 grams) Salt
4 teaspoons (20 ml) Lemon juice with grated lemon rind
1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1/8 teaspoon (0.3 grams) Pepper, black, ground
1/2 Tablespoon (3.0 grams) Cornstarch, diluted in 1 Tablespoon water
Reduced sodium by 31%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||322|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.4|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Chicken is rich in phosphorus, an essential mineral that supports your teeth and bones, as well as kidney, liver, and central nervous system.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- MARINATE. In a bowl combine chicken and soy sauce. Mix well and marinate for at least 3-5 minutes.
- DREDGE & FRY. Remove chicken from the marinade mixture, dredge in cornstarch. Heat oil in a pan and fry coated chicken until color turns light brown. Drain and set aside.
- SAUTÉ. Drain excess oil from the pan until about 1 tablespoon is left. Sauté garlic and the celery leaves. Pour in chicken broth and rice wine. Add sugar, salt and lemon juice and rind. Mix well.
- SEASON. Add AJI-NO-MOTO®, and pepper, mix well. Add cornstarch mixture and cook for another minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl, serve and enjoy.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (105 g)
You may add cornstarch mixture if you want a thicker consistency for the sauce.