AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
1/2 cup (75g) Onion, sliced
3 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
3 Tbsps. (30g) Ginger, strips
1 cup (120g) Tomato, sliced
1 Kilo (1kg) Chicken, cut into serving size
4 cups (200g) Sampalok leaves and flowers
4 cups (1L) Water
10 tsps. (50g) Fish sauce
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 cup (200g) Radish, sliced
1 cup (100g) String beans, 1 inch long
1 cup (45g) Sweet potato tops
Reduced sodium by 36%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1/2 tsp. (3g) Salt, 1/2 cup (approx. 90ml) Fish sauce
|Calories per serving (kcal)||243.4|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||2.4|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Tamarind leaves are good sources of Vitamin A and C, calcium, iron, fiber and potassium.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a pot, heat oil and sauté onion, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and chicken.
- BOIL. Add water and sampalok leaves and flowers. Let it boil until chicken becomes tender.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Add radish and string beans and cook for another 5 minutes. Add sweet potato tops and cook for 1 minute.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve while hot.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 bowl (233g)
If tamarind leaves are not available, tamarind fruit can be used as a substitute.