STUFFED ROASTED CHICKEN
AJINOMOTO® BRAND GINISA FLAVOR SEASONING MIX
1/3 cup (80ml) Soy sauce
1/3 cup (80ml) Ketchup
1/4 cup (60g) Brown sugar
2 packs (14g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
1 whole (1200g) Whole Chicken
1/4 cup (60ml) Cooking oil
2 Tbsps. (30g) Annatto Seeds (Atsuete)
1/4 cup (60g) Red onion, chopped
2 Tbsps. (30g) Garlic, minced
1 cup (200g) Longganisa, sweet style, chopped
1 cup (200g) Malagkit rice
1 1/3 cup (320 ml) Water
1/3 cup (80g) Carrots, small dice
1/3 cup (80g) Green peas
|Calories per serving (kcal)||371.9|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.2|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Chicken is a good source of Niacin that helps our body convert food to energy.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
- MARINATE. In a bowl, mix soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and 1 pack AJI-GINISA®. Mix well. Marinate chicken in the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- SAUTÉ. In a pan, heat oil and annatto seeds. Discard seeds once oil color changes. Sauté onion, garlic, longganisa. When oil from longganisa comes out, add malagkit rice. Cook for 2 minutes.
- SIMMER. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add carrots and green peas. Cook until rice is fully cooked.
- ROAST. Drain chicken marinade. Stuff cooked rice mixture in the chicken cavity. Roast chicken in an oven (375 degrees Celcius) for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving platter and spread excess rice stuffing around the roasted chicken. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (215g)
You can save and simmer chicken marinade to make a side sauce for the chicken.