TUNA STUFFED PEPPERS RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
5 pieces (819 grams) Capsicum, cut into half, seeds removed
1 Tablespoon (15 grams) Butter, unsalted
1 cup (250 ml) Milk, evaporated
1 Tablespoon (10 grams) All-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon (2.5 grams) Salt
1/2 teaspoon (1 gram) Pepper, ground, black
1/2 pack (5.5 grams) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 1/2 cups (325 grams) Potatoes, boiled, cubed
1 cup (240 grams) Tuna, chunked
1/3 cup (20 grams) Bread crumbs
1/3 cup (35 grams) Cheese, cheddar, grated
Reduced sodium by 35%
Original sodium content: 2 teaspoons (10 grams) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||138.1|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.8|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Red bell peppers are a great source of Vitamin B6 and Folate. Both these vitamins and minerals can help prevent anemia.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- CUT. Using a knife, cut capsicum into half then remove the seeds.
- MIX. In a hot saucepan, melt the butter then add milk, flour, salt, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®. Cook until it thickens. Add boiled potatoes and tuna chunks, mix well then set aside.
- ASSEMBLE. In a roasting pan assemble the capsicum and add the potato- tuna mixture. Cover with bread crumbs and cheese.
- BAKE. In a pre-heated oven, bake capsicum at 340 degrees F for 20 minutes, then remove from the oven to cool.
- SERVE. Transfer on a platter, assemble the cooked stuffed pepper, serve and enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1/2 piece (145 g)
You can also use a portable kitchen torch to char your peppers, but it is a slow process.