AJINOMOTO AJI-SHIO® SEASONING MIX
2 pieces (2g) Eggs, beaten
1/4 teaspoon (1g) Cayenne Pepper
1 kg (1000g) Squid, cut into rings
1 cup (110g) Flour
1/2 cup (60g) Cornstarch
1 pack (18g) AJI-SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
1 liter (1000ml) Cooking Oil
|Calories per serving||80.9|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.1|
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- COMBINE. In a bowl put together the beaten eggs and cayenne pepper. Add squid, mix well and let it stand for at least 20 minutes for better absorption of flavors inside the squid.
- MIX. On a separate bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- SEASON. Season with AJI-SHIO® Pepper . Mix well.
- DREDGE. For a crunchy texture, dredge squid rings in the flour mixture. Make sure that all parts are evenly coated.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot with hot oil, deep – fry squid for at least 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- SERVE. Serve with your desired sauce or dips and ENJOY!
Makes 44 sticks (5 pcs of squid per stick)
Recipe Cost: Php 414.91
Cost per Serving: Php 9.43
Selling price per stick: Php 25.00
Profit for 44 sticks @ 5 pcs squid rings per pc: Php 685.00
% Mark – up: 165%
% GP: 62%
Cook over high heat so that the squid will be tender in less than a minute. It may not be brown, but it yields the most tender rings. Meanwhile, if you go over the recommended time, it will become “rubbery rings” so avoid cooking extended time.