AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
6 cups (1500ml) Water
1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Oil
1 cup (150g) Onion, sliced
3 Tbsps. (18g) Ginger, crushed
2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, minced
1/2 cup (100g) Malagkit rice (Glutinous rice)
1/2 cup (100g) Rice
6 cups (1500ml) Chicken broth (from boiled chicken)
5 tsps. (25ml) Fish sauce
1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
1 pack (11g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 tsp. (5g) Kasubha (Saffron)
4 Tbsps. (20g) Toasted garlic (optional)
8 Tbsps. (5g) Spring onion, chopped (optional)
Reduced sodium by 35%
Original seasoning/condiment: 2 tsps. (10g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||219.9|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.0|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Rice porridge is a good energy-giving breakfast to fuel up your day!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- BOIL. In a pot add water and chicken. Let it boil until chicken is tender. Set aside both chicken meat and broth.
- SAUTÈ. In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion, ginger and garlic until fragrant. Add chicken and cook until surface slightly turns brown.
- BOIL. Add rice and malagkit rice. Stir to mix completely. Add 6 cups of chicken broth and let it boil until rice is cooked. Stir constantly to avoid lumps.
- SEASON. Add fish sauce, pepper, AJI-NO-MOTO® and kasubha.
- SERVE. Transfer to bowls and top with toasted garlic and spring onions, as desired. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 8 servings
Serving size: 1 cup (125g)
Adjust the quantity of chicken broth to achieve your desired consistency.