FRIED CHICKEN RECIPE
AJINOMOTO AJI-SHIO® SEASONING MIX
2 pieces (20g) Eggs, beaten
1/4 tsp (1g) Cayenne Pepper
1 kg (1000g) Chicken, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon (15g) Baking Powder
2 teaspoons (8g) Rock Salt
1 cup (110g) Flour
1/2 cup (60g) Cornstarch
1 pack (18g) AJI SHIO® Pepper Seasoning Mix
1 liter (1000ml) Cooking Oil
|Calories per serving||154.2|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.2|
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- COMBINE. In a bowl, put together the beaten eggs and cayenne pepper. Add chicken, mix well and let it stand for at least 20 minutes for better absorption of ingredients inside the chicken.
- MIX. On a separate bowl, mix together the baking powder, salt, flour and cornstarch.
- SEASON. Season with AJI SHIO® Pepper. Mix well.
- DREDGE. for a crunchy texture, dredge chicken in the flour mixture. Make sure that all parts are evenly coated.
- DEEP-FRY. In a pot with hot oil, deep fry chicken for at least 14 minutes per batch of half kilo or until golden brown.
- SERVE with desired sauce or dips and ENJOY!
Makes 30 pieces
Recipe Cost: Php 295.09
Cost per Serving: Php 9.84
Selling price per piece: Php 30.00
Profit for 30 pcs: Php 604.80
%Mark – up: 205%
% GP: 67%
Allow the fried chicken to rest on an elevated cooking rack for proper air circulation thus preventing the bottom part of the chicken from being soggy.