AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1 1/2 Tablespoons (23ml) Cooking Oil
1/2 cup (60g) Onions, chopped
1/4 cup (30g) Garlic, chopped
1 kilo (1000g) Pork belly, cut into serving size
5 cups (1250ml) Water
1/2 cup (50ml) Potato, cubed
1 piece (100g) Banana, saba, semi-ripe
1/2 cup (120g) Pork and beans, canned
1/2 cup (40g) Green beans, cut into 1′ long
1 cup (50g) Cabbage, sliced
1 cup (35g) Pechay, sliced
2 Tablespoons (30g) Sugar, brown
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
5 teaspoons (25ml) Fish sauce
1/8 teaspoon (0.3g) Pepper
|Calories per serving (kcal)||420.8|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||1.4|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Saba Banana is packed with so many nutrients, like B vitamins, dietary fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A and iron. It also helps improve the body’s digestion, lower blood pressure, strengthen the immune system, regulate circulation, and enhance metabolic process.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a pot heat oil, sauté onion followed by garlic. Add pork and cook until the color turns light brown.
- BOIL. Pour water, cover the pot and let it boil until the pork gets tender. You may add more water as needed. Add potatoes and banana, cook until tender.
- SIMMER. Add pork and beans and simmer for at least 3 minutes. Add green beans, cabbage and pechay and simmer for another minute.
- SEASON. Add sugar, sprinkle AJI-NO-MOTO® and add fish sauce and pepper to taste. Mix well and turn off the heat.
- SERVE. Transfer to a serving bowl , serve and enjoy!
Makes 9 servings
Serving size: 1 pc meat, 1 cup veg, 1/2 cup soup
You can use more than 1 pc semi -ripe banana if you want your soup to be more sweeter and soup to be a bit thicker.