PORK MENUDO RECIPE
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
1 Tbsp (15 ml) Cooking oil
2 cups (400 g) Pork kasim, menudo cut
1/2 cup (100 g) Pork liver, menudo cut
2 Tbsps (30 ml) Soy sauce
1/2 tsp (1 g) Salt
3/4 cup (150 g) Potato, wedged
1/2 cup (100 g) Carrots, wedged
1 pack (11 g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
1 cup (200 ml) Tomato sauce
1/3 cup (60 g) Red bell pepper, strips
1/2 tsp (1 g) Black pepper, ground
Reduced sodium by 32%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1 tsp (approx. 6 g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||202.5|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.8|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
High-quality Protein is the main nutritional component of pork, making it useful for muscle growth and maintenance.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- SEAR. In a pan, heat oil. Sear pork and liver.
- SIMMER. Add soy sauce, salt, potatoes, carrots, and water. Bring to a boil and then lower the heat. Simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- SEASON. Sprinkle with AJI-NO-MOTO®, mix well.
- SIMMER. Add tomato sauce, bell pepper, and pepper. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- SERVE. Transfer into a serving plate or container. Serve and enjoy.
Makes 10 servings
Serving size: 1/3 cup (85 g)
In cooking tomato based products, remember to use low heat in simmering to bring out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and to avoid overly sour sauce.