AJINOMOTO® BRAND GINISA FLAVOR SEASONING MIX
1.5 Tablespoons (22.5ml) cooking oil
1/2 cup (70g) bell pepper, green, big dice
1/2 cup (90g) carrot, big dice
1/2 cup (85g) potato, big dice
2 tablespoons (30g) garlic, minced
1/4 cup (40g) onion, red, minced
1 cup (250g) pork kasim
1/2 cup (125g) pork liver
2 pieces (1g) bayleaf, dried
1 cup (250ml) tomato sauce
1 1/2 cups (375ml) water
1 pack (7g) AJI-GINISA® Flavor Seasoning Mix
|Calories per serving (kcal)||270.4|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||2.5|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
For a healthier version of your Menudo, choose leaner cuts of pork and try to lessen the amount of oil used to sauté the ingredients.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- SAUTÉ. On a hot pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil and sautè carrot, potato, and bell pepper then set aside.
- PAN-FRY. On the same pan, add the remaining oil and add pork kasim, and pork liver cook until brown. Then add onion, garlic. Saute it until fragrant.
- ADD. Tomato sauce and stir well then add water and bayleaf.
- SIMMER. Let it simmer until water is reduced by 1/4 then add all the vegetables. Let it cook until desired thickness of the sauce is achieved and meat is tender then add AJI-GINISA®.
- SERVE. Transfer on a serving bowl, serve and enjoy.
Makes 6 servings
Serving size: 1/2 cup (135g)
To achieve tender meat, cook the pork on medium heat for a longer time