PYAREN NA MANOK (MINDANAO)
AJI-NO-MOTO® UMAMI SEASONING
2 Tbsps. (30ml) Cooking oil
2 Tbsps. (20g) Garlic, chopped
1 stalk (25g) Lemongrass (stalk and leaves), halved and bruised
1/2 kilo (500g) Chicken, cut into serving sizes
1 1/2 cups (375ml) Coconut milk, 2nd extract
1 tsp. (5g) Turmeric powder
2 tsps. (10ml) Fish sauce
1/4 tsp. (1.25g) Pepper, ground, black
1/2 pack (5.5g) AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning
Reduced sodium by 49%
Original seasoning/condiment: 1 1/2 tsps. (7.5g) Salt
|Calories per serving (kcal)||493.0|
|Dietary Fiber (g)||0.2|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Coconut milk contains good Fats, but consumption must be moderated.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- SAUTÉ. In a pan with hot oil, sauté garlic and lemongrass. Add chicken and cook for 1 minute.
- BOIL. Pour coconut milk and let it boil. Stir once in awhile to prevent burning the coconut milk.
- SEASON. Add turmeric powder, fish sauce, pepper, and AJI-NO-MOTO®.
- SIMMER. Over medium fire, simmer until sauce is reduced up to the desired consistency. Stir once in a while.
- SERVE. Transfer to a bowl and serve while hot.
Makes 5 servings
Serving size: 1 pc. (160g) Chicken and Sauce
To add texture and flavor, you may sear the chicken first before sautéing together with onion and garlic.