PORKSAVOR® ALL-IN-ONE SEASONING MIX
3 tablespoons cooking oil, palm oil
2 blocks tofu, firm
2 pieces red onion, diced
10 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 tablespoon ginger, thinly sliced
1 piece green chilli, thinly sliced
1 can liver spread
1 pack (8g) PORKSAVOR® All-In-One Seasoning Mix
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 piece chicken egg
|Calories per Serving (kcal)||161|
Good to Know Nutrition Facts!
Tofu or Tokwa are better choices for sisig due to its relatively lower fat content. It would be a better substitute if you are on a low fat diet or low cholesterol diet. However, though it is a low fat choice, do not consume beyond your recommended allowance per day. Portion control should always be observed.
Do you know that liver contains high amount of iron? Iron helps in maintaining healthy red blood cells! Hence this tofu sisig contains higher amount of iron compared with the usual pork sisig. Better choice isn’t it? Indulgence without much guilt!
Preparation and Cooking time: 1 hour
- FRY tofu blocks until brown and crispy. Drain excess oil from tofu using paper towels. Set aside.
- SAUTÉ onions, garlic, ginger, green chilli, liver spread, and fried tofu. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
- SEASON with soy sauce, pepper, PORKSAVOR® and sugar. Stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- ADD egg and cook until desired doneness. Top with grated cheese, as desired.
- SERVE hot with calamansi.
Makes 8 servings
Size per serving: 1/2 cup (100g) Tofu Sisig
If tofu is not available, you may use tokwa instead. They basically have the same nutritional content, the difference only lies on their textures. For better sisig texture, make sure to fry your tofus or tokwas until crispy, but not overcooked.
If liver spread is not available, you may substitute a pork liver for it. Just mince the liver, then follow the procedure.