Group Shared Policy on Quality
We contribute to a better life for all throughout the world by providing safe and high-quality products and services.
- We pay full attention to the request of our customers, and provide products and services meeting with their satisfaction.
- We actively provide appropriate information to our customers and continue to improve our trustworthiness.
- We make no compromises with regard to safety, conducting surveys and research as thoroughly as possible, faithfully complying with applicable laws and regulations, and always delivering products and services of uniform quality.
- We assure quality through the Ajinomoto System of Quality Assurance (ASQUA), based on the concepts outlined in the international ISO standard.
- Under the leadership of our management, each one of our companyʼs employees makes the greatest effort to provide safe and high-quality products and services through work at all levels, from research and development to production, distribution, sales and services.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q: Is MSG safe?
A: Yes, Monosodium Glutamate or MSG is safe for general consumption. This is based on extensive research by scientific communities and over a century of use of this seasoning ingredient around the world.
Some people have a rare food sensitivity to glutamate. Although, it should be noted that a person who is sensitive to glutamate is sensitive not just to MSG but also to tomatoes, mushroom, cheese and food substances that contain glutamate.
Q: How is MSG made?
A: Monosodium Glutamate or MSG is made from natural ingredients such as sugarcane and cassava through the process of fermentation. To learn more, please click here.
Q: Is your AJI-NO-MOTO® Monosodium Glutamate Halal Certified?
A: Our AJI-NO-MOTO® Umami Seasoning or Monosodium Glutamate product is not Halal certified, but it does not contain alcohol and any animal substances or its derivatives.
Q: Are your products Halal certified?
A: Our products are not Halal Certified. Although not Halal certified, the manufacturing, packaging and storage of these products are in accordance with the Good Manufacturing Practice.