The Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grants aims to help deserving Filipino students who require financial assistance to pursue higher education in the field of sciences. This gives a full scholarship in a master’s course at specified graduate schools in designated universities in Japan. This grant can be applied to specified graduate schools at the University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Nagoya University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ochanomizu University, Waseda University and Kagawa Nutrition University.
Aspiring applicants to the Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grant must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino Citizen
- Must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with over 15 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of his/her University President or Academic Advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the university
- Must be under the age of 35 years old on April 1, 2020
- In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as either a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter “ Research Student”) or a Graduate School Student (Master’s course) (hereinafter “Master’s Course Student) from the University and be registered as a Research Student or a Master’s Course Student for April 2021 or October 2021
- Must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in master’s course, when enrolling as a Master’s course student;
- Must file an application and attend selection procedures in the Philippines
- Must be in good physical and mental health, and have a strong motivation for learning
- Must not be receiving other scholarships
- Must show financial need to pursue higher education.
- Must have a strong sense of nationalism, leadership and motivation
- ¥ 150,000 (approximately PHP 70,500) monthly allowance for a maximum of 1 year as a research student at a graduate school
- ¥ 180,000 (approximately PHP 84,600) monthly allowance for a maximum of 2 years as a master’s course student at graduate school
- Full coverage of examination, admission and tuition fees
- Full coverage of Japanese language training before going to Japan
- Full coverage of airfare to Japan (two-way ticket)
SCHOLARSHIP GRANT DURATION
- If the recipient enrols as a research student, scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 3 years (1 year as a research student and maximum 2 years as a master’s course student). The scholarship will be suspended if the recipient fails to pass the entrance exam for a master’s course within a year after arriving in Japan.
- For Waseda University, in principle, scholarships will be provided for 2 years studying as a Master’s Course Student.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS TO BE ACCEPTED: One (1) student from each of the six (6) countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Russia
APPLICATION DETAILS OF THE UNIVERSITIES: See Appendix 1: Application Details For Graduate Schools
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: MARCH 1, 2020
SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship will be suspended or terminated, if any one of the following conditions applies to the scholarship recipient:
- False information found in the application form
- Receives any other scholarship
- Fails to pass the entrance examination to a master’s course within one year after arriving to Japan (applicable to the recipient entering as a Research Student)
- Fails to arrive in Japan by the appointed date
- Long-term absence due to illness or health problems, dishonest act and poor academic performance including leaving the school and repeating a school year
- Violates the rules and regulations of the University or Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation
According to circumstances, the scholarship amount already disbursed may be subject to repayment in full or in part.
SELECTION PROCESS AND SCHEDULE
- 1st Screening- Application Documents Screening: March to April 2020
- 2nd Screening- Face-to-Face Panel Interview: April 1, 2020 (Interview will be done in English)
- Notification of results: June 2020
Nominated applicants who pass the 2nd screening must submit all the necessary all the necessary documents designated by the graduate schools or the Universities they wish to enroll within the application period (refer to Required Documents for Applying as an International Research Student). The nominated applicants to enroll in October should pay attention to the application period and the date of issuance of the letter of acceptance because they differ from those for the April enrollment. Please contact the graduate school you wish to enroll for details.
- Deadline of application is on March 1, 2020.
- Accomplish the following downloadable forms:
- Application Form 1 (2021_Application Form 1) and Form 2 (2021_Application Form 2)
- 2021_Field of Study and Study Program
- Financial Assistance Application Form
- Recommendation Form (To be accomplished by the University President or Academic advisor). Note: Additional recommendation letter will also be accepted.
- Attach the following:
- 3 passport photos taken within the last 6 months
- Transcript of scholastic record issued by the university and/or graduate school attended (or certified true copy of transcripts from the university if the university does not issue copies of transcripts.)
Note: For applicants whose transcripts of records do not indicate a general weighted average, submit a certificate indicating general weighted average.
- Certified true copy of University/ College diploma (For graduating students who cannot provide at the time of application, submit a Certificate of Graduation)
- Photocopied documents proving Japanese proficiency of the applicant (such as results of JPLT, EJU and other tests provided by Japanese training institutions) when required by the University
- TOEFL and GRE scores when required by the graduate school which the applicant wishes to enroll.
- If you are currently employed, please submit the following:
- Latest Income Tax Return of Certificate of Compensation/ Tax withheld, and;
- Latest Certificate of Employment and Compensation indicating annual/ monthly salary, bonuses, commissions with signature of authorized company representative
- If you are married, please submit:
- Latest Income Tax Return of Certificate of Compensation/ Tax withheld of your spouse, and
- Latest Certificate of Employment of your spouse with signature of authorized company representative (Note: Applicant whose spouse is retired, deceased, or unemployed, submit certificate issued by a local agency, company or government with respective signature/s).
- If you are currently single and/or unemployed, please submit:
- Latest Income Tax Return of Certificate of Compensation/ tax Withheld, and;
- Latest Certificate of employment of your employed parents or parent. (Note: Applicant whose parent or parents is/are deceased or unemployed, please submit signed Certificate issued by local agency, company or government.)
- For self-employed parents, please submit:
- Business/ DTI Permit, detailed description of the business
- Income and Expenses financial statement of the previous year
- For Parents not filing an ITR, please submit:
- Letter indicating the reason for non-filing;
- Provide certified true copy of Certificate of Non-filing from Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR).
- If parent/ guardian is retired, please submit Retirement and/or Pension Voucher.
- Place all accomplished forms and documents in a long brown envelope and send to:
AJINOMOTO SCHOLARSHIP SECRETARIAT
Public Relations Department
Ajinomoto Philippines Corporation
Unit 1100, 11th Floor, V Corporate Centre
125 L.P. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village
Makati City, Philippines
Note: The documents submitted shall not be returned under any circumstances.
For inquiries, contact Deborah Sales:
Tel Numbers: (02) 8895-6081 loc. 8137
Direct Line: (02) 8558- 5942
Mobile Number: 0917-820-2499
Email Address: email@example.com