DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: MARCH 1, 2021
The Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grant aims to help deserving Filipino students who require financial assistance to pursue higher education in the field of sciences. This gives a full scholarship in a master’s course at specified graduate schools in designated universities in Japan. This grant can be applied to specified graduate schools at the University of Tokyo, Kyoto University, Nagoya University, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Ochanomizu University, Waseda University and Kagawa Nutrition University.
Aspiring applicants to the Ajinomoto Postgraduate Scholarship Grant must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be a Filipino Citizen
- Must have graduated or be expected to graduate with an excellent academic record (with over 15 years of education completed or expected to be completed) and must receive the recommendation of his/her University President or Academic Advisor or be otherwise qualified to enroll in the university
- Must be under the age of 35 years old on April 1, 2021.
- In principle, the applicant must be able to obtain approval of acceptance as either a Postgraduate International Research Student (hereinafter “ Research Student”) or a Graduate School Student (Master’s course) (hereinafter “Master’s Course Student) from the University and be registered as a Research Student or a Master’s Course Student for April 2022 or October 2022
- Must acquire adequate Japanese language proficiency that is required in order to research and study in master’s course, when enrolling as a Master’s course student;
- Must file an application and attend selection procedures in the Philippines
- Must be in good physical and mental health, and have a strong motivation for learning
- Must not be receiving other scholarships
- Must show financial need to pursue higher education.
- Must have a strong sense of nationalism, leadership and motivation
- ¥ 150,000 monthly allowance for a maximum of 1 year as a research student at a graduate school
- ¥ 180,000 monthly allowance for a maximum of 2 years as a master’s course student at graduate school
- Full coverage of examination, admission and tuition fees
- Full coverage of Japanese language training before going to Japan
- Full coverage of airfare to Japan
SCHOLARSHIP GRANT DURATION
- If the recipient enrolls as a research student, scholarship will be provided for a maximum of 3 years (1 year as a research student and maximum of 2 years as a master’s course student). The scholarship will be suspended if the recipient fails to pass the entrance exam for a master’s course within a year after arriving in Japan.
- For Waseda University, in principle, scholarships will be provided for 2 years of studying as a Master’s Course Student.
NUMBER OF STUDENTS TO BE ACCEPTED: One (1) student from each of the six (6) countries: Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Vietnam and Russia
APPLICATION DETAILS OF THE UNIVERSITIES: See Appendix 1: Application Details For Graduate Schools
DEADLINE OF APPLICATION: MARCH 1, 2021
SUSPENSION OR TERMINATION OF SCHOLARSHIP
The scholarship will be suspended or terminated, if any one of the following conditions applies to the scholarship recipient:
- False information found in the application form
- Receives any other scholarship
- Fails to pass the entrance examination to a master’s course within one year after arriving to Japan (applicable to the recipient entering as a Research Student)
- Fails to arrive in Japan by the appointed date
- Long-term absence due to illness or health problems, dishonest act and poor academic performance including leaving the school and repeating a school year
- Violates the rules and regulations of the University or Ajinomoto Scholarship Foundation
According to circumstances, the scholarship amount already disbursed may be subject to repayment in full or in part.
SELECTION PROCESS AND SCHEDULE
- 1st Screening- Application Documents Screening: March 8, 2021
- 2nd Screening- Face-to-Face Panel Interview: March 19, 2021 (Interview will be done in English)
- Notification of results: June 2021
Nominated applicants who pass the 2nd screening must submit all the necessary documents designated by the graduate schools or the Universities they wish to enroll within the application period (refer to Required Documents for Applying as an International Research Student). The nominated applicants to enroll in October should pay attention to the application period and the date of issuance of the letter of acceptance because they differ from those for the April enrollment. Please contact the graduate school you wish to enroll for details.